Just around 8:30.
The workout begins.
The living room gets cleared out and equipment makes it way out from under the sofa, the chair, and various locations in our sweet sweet townhouse in Sebastopol.
The music gets selected and it's GO TIME.
And it looks a lot like this.... hit it:
1. Warm up the joints of the wrists with circles, elbows with circles, shoulders with circles, hips, knees, ankles, with circles.
2. A little Qui Gong slapping to get the "chi" activated.
3. Breathing squats
4. Alternating back lunges
5. Shoulder prep with some old cardboard rods from a dryer box.
6. Monster steps with some rubber tubing
7. Jumping jacks to burpees
8. Handstand practice
9. Primal squat holds with spine twisting
10. Free dance and free play 5 minutes
11. V-sit with super silly twisty snake dance
12. Superman holds on physioball
13. Knee crunches on physioball
14. 4-point on physioball
15. 2-point on physioball
16. Standing on physioball (we have a duraball.... and it's full)
17. Dance dance dance for as long as it takes
18. Yoga for 5 minutes
19. Find the beat in music practice
20. Plank competition
Have fun, get your heart rate up a bit, let go of your silly belief system about what exercise should look like or how long it should last, and kiss your kids often.
I love you